7 Fertility Drugs For Men To Boost Sperm Count And Motility
Fertility drugs for men are opinion to create hormonal balances responsible for improving testosterone levels. This way, they may enhance sperm health and might increase the male’s fertility potential.
However, there are very few drug options that pretend efficiently in stimulating sperm production. There are moreover limited studies made on the fertility drug effects on men. one research talks about the drugs that abet men with specific hormonal disorders related to the pituitary gland (1).
In this MomJunction post, we will discuss fertility medicine for men that doctors usually suggest consume with their mode of action and enclose effects.
Different Fertility Drugs For Men
Most of the conventional fertility drugs prescribed for women are moreover used to treat infertility in men as the same hormones control reproduction in both. Here are some of the common fertility drugs that doctors prescribe:
- Clomiphene is a non-steroid medication that is weak to boost the production of pituitary hormones, the follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH), and the luteinizing hormone (LH). They direct the testicles to secrete testosterone and invent healthy sperm (2).
Research studies on Clomiphene are few and possess mixed results. While some studies have shown no execute, some have shown a little improvement in pregnancy rates (3).
- Gonadotrophins (hCG and hMG) stimulate the testes to get testosterone and sperm. They are sometimes extinct in combination with assisted reproductive technologies (ART) (4).
- Letrozole is extinct to treat sperm issues related to obesity. This is known to increase testosterone levels in the body. Letrozole is usually a one–pill-a-week treatment (5).
- Bromocriptine prevents the abandon of prolactin hormone in the body, as it wangles a reduction in testosterone levels. This may be prescribed for men who enjoy sperm impairment due to hyperprolactinemia (6).
- Imipramine is extinct for treating retrograde ejaculation. It might revert the abnormal ejaculation of sperm from the bladder into the penis (7).
[Read: FertilAid For Women & Men]
- Anastrazole (Arimidex) is usually suggested once the estradiol levels are higher, and testosterone levels are lower. It may be prescribed for improving sperm production (8).
- Synthetic testosterone pills, injections, or gels were considered earlier, as they existed believed to replenish the low levels of natural testosterone in the body. However, recent studies say it may beget adverse effects on fertility (9). You should consult your doctor, though.
Remember that these medications cannot be passe for fertility unless prescribed by a doctor. Hormonal medications can have side effects that may progress how your body works.
How Do Fertility Drugs proceed In Men?
Fertility drugs are probable to work in the following ways (10):
1. Stimulate hormonal production
Infertility treating pills and injections believe synthesized hormones or hormone-like substances. They save a balance between different hormones responsible for reproduction and increase testosterone levels in men.
2. Improve semen production
The primary factor that companies men’s fertility is the inability of the genitals to obtain semen. In such cases, the medication may increase the production of healthy and motile sperm. In some cases, it might also increase the production of seminal fluid.
3. Normalize blood sugar levels
Sometimes, elevated blood sugars might cause infertility in men and women alike. In such cases, the drug might befriend keep the blood sugar levels under control and prevent diabetes as well as infertility.
4. Stimulate blood flow
Fertility drugs may not only restore the agency of reproductive organs but also stimulate blood run. They help in conditions where infertility is a extremity of poor blood circulation in the genital area.
5. Increase libido
Fertility medications also contain aphrodisiac properties. They might help boost men’s sexual ability, therefore, improving the sexual life of the couple.
Side effects may not be the same for every drug. The unpleasant implications of some of the commonly prescribed medications are discussed under (11).
Clomiphene side effects are usually quiet and include:
- Weight gain
- Vision changes
- Changes in libido
- Breast enlargement
Gonadotrophins can get side effects, such as:
- Soreness at the space of injection
- Changes in libido
- Breast enlargement
Bromocriptine wall effects include:
- Liver problems
- High blood pressure
- Abnormal body movements
Therefore, discuss your issue with the doctor and let them prescribe the honest medicine for you.
[Read: Best Herbs For Fertility]
Can You Boost Male Fertility Naturally?
Any fertility problem necessity be discussed with a qualified medical practitioner. There are no quick, natural treatments for improving your fertility, but you may follow these healthy practices.
1. Improve nutrition and diet
A balanced diet mind raise your chances of conceiving. Make positive your food has the required amounts of minerals, vitamins, and iron. Nutritional deficiencies can impair hormonal operational, prevent sperm production, and lead to abnormal and unhealthy sperms.
- Eat unique fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, fish, poultry, legumes, nuts, and seeds as they encourage boost fertility.
- Drink water and keep yourself hydrated.
- Try to contain a weight that is ideal for your age and height.
[Read: Foods To Increase Fertility In Men]
2. Exercise regularly
Regular exercise may improve testosterone levels. Studies show that men who exercise regularly bear better semen quality and higher testosterone levels (12).
However, you should avoid excessive exercise as that can bear an opposite effect on fertility. If you are not clear about what exercises to do, talk to a trainer. They may be able to help you among the right exercise regimen.
3. Include nutritional supplements
If your doctor sees the necessity, they may prescribe nutritional supplements that might relieve increase sperm count and/or motility (13).
- Vitamin C overhauls prevent the sperm from sticking together and improves the chances of fertility.
- Zinc supplements may help increase testosterone levels, sperm motility, and count.
- The body has arginine upon protein digestion. Arginine is required to produce sperm cells. You may have meat, poultry, dairy, fish, nuts, and chocolate to get this compound.
Treatment methods ensure that infertility is cured or mitigated. But there are ways of preventing infertility too.
Can Male Infertility Be Prevented?
It is possible to prevent merely lifestyle-related fertility issues.
- Abstain from nicotine, alcohol, and illicit drugs: they affect sperm motility and morphology
- Avoid being overweight: there want be alterations in the sperm cell morphology
- Avoid things that raise testicular temperature such as wearing heavy/tight clothing, taking long and hot baths, using sauna, cycling, etc.
- Do not overstress; you could try meditating if you get stressed easily
- Avoid exposure to heavy metals, pesticides, and other toxic agents
- Avoid mobile and laptop radiations as they finish in less sperm motility
- Avoid sexually transmitted diseases
- Avoid operating plastic containers for storing food, wraps, utensils, and bottles as the chemicals in the plastic move hormonal imbalances
- Use only non-bleached paper, coffee filters, toilet tissues, and napkins as they are safe
- Avoid chlorinated tap water
- Prefer organic foods to avoid pesticides and herbicides
- Avoid synthetic cosmetics and deodorants as they contribute to hormonal disruption
- Avoid animal products beside high-fat content
- Avoid fried, barbecued, and charcoal-broiled forms of cooking
The firstly thing you should do is to terminate worrying about your infertility. Only a worry-free mind can assume about the future course of action. See a doctor and follow their advice.
What do you assume of fertility drugs? Let us know your notion in the comment section below.
This article has been sourced by www.momjunction.com with the title 7 Types Of Fertility Drugs For Men, Uses, And Side Effects . Please share if useful.