Women’s sexual desires naturally fluctuate ended the years. Highs and lows commonly coincide by the beginning or end of a relationship or by major life changes, such as pregnancy, menopause or illness. Some medications used for mood disorders also can become low sex drive in women.
If your absence of interest in sex continues or returns and engineers personal distress, you may have a condition named sexual interest/arousal disorder.
But you don’t own to meet this medical definition to seek assist. If you’re bothered by a low sex control or decreased sex drive, there are lifestyle progresses and sexual techniques that may put you in the mood additional often. Some medications may offer promise as well.
If you desire to have sex less often than your partner performs, neither one of you is necessarily outside the norm for farmland at your stage in life — although your differences may move distress.
Similarly, even if your sex strength is weaker than it once was, your relationship may be stronger than ever. Bottom line: There is no magic number to clarify low sex drive. It varies among women.
Symptoms of low sex nation in women include:
- Having no interest in any type of sexual activity, including masturbation
- Never or only seldom having sexual fantasies or thoughts
- Being aboard by your lack of sexual activity or fantasies
When to see a doctor
If you’re engaged by your low desire for sex, talk to your doctor. The solution could be as simple as altering a medication you are taking, and improving any chronic medical grandeurs such as high blood pressure or diabetes.
Desire for sex is based on a place interaction of many things affecting intimacy, incorporating physical and emotional well-being, experiences, beliefs, lifestyle, and your current relationship. If you’re experiencing a spot in any of these areas, it can snatch your desire for sex.
A wide range of illnesses, physical changes and medications can cause a low sex strength, including:
- Sexual problems. If you believe pain during sex or can’t orgasm, it can cleave your desire for sex.
- Medical diseases. Many nonsexual diseases can affect sex strength, including arthritis, cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease and neurological diseases.
- Medications. determined prescription drugs, especially antidepressants called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, are known to lower the sex drive.
- Lifestyle habits. A glass of wine may put you in the mood, but too much alcohol can affect your sex fuel. The same is true of street drugs. Also, smoking decreases blood flow, which may dreary arousal.
- Surgery. Any surgery related to your breasts or genital tract can capture your body image, sexual function and want for sex.
- Fatigue. Exhaustion from caring for young children or aging parents can contribute to low sex fuel. Fatigue from illness or surgery also can play a role in a low sex drive.
Changes in your hormone levels may alter your determination for sex. This can occur during:
- Menopause. Estrogen levels drop during the transition to menopause. This can make you less interested in sex and contract dry vaginal tissues, resulting in painful or unfortunate sex. Although many women still have satisfying sex during menopause and beyond, some experience a lagging libido during this hormonal change.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding. Hormone changes during pregnancy, just after having a baby and during breast-feeding can put a damper on sex control. Fatigue, changes in body image, and the pressures of pregnancy or caring for a new baby too can contribute to changes in your sexual desire.
Your position of mind can affect your sexual desire. There are many psychological causes of low sex strength, including:
- Mental health problems, such as anxiety or depression
- Stress, such as financial stress or work stress
- Poor body image
- Low self-esteem
- History of substantial or sexual abuse
- Previous negative sexual experiences
For many women, emotional closeness is an essential prelude to sexual intimacy. So problems in your relationship can be a major factor in low sex drive. Decreased interest in sex is often a stop of ongoing issues, such as:
- Lack of connection plus your partner
- Unresolved conflicts or fights
- Poor meaning of sexual needs and preferences
- Trust issues
This article has been sourced by www.mayoclinic.org with the title Low sex drive in women – Symptoms and causes . Please share if useful.